Membership Sales Professional
The Membership Representative is a sales professional responsible for pursuing inside and outside member prospects and reaching individual quotas based on monthly memberships and ancillary revenue.
Responsibilities of the sales professional:
• Meet and exceed individual goals
• Qualify prospects, present membership benefits that match the prospects needs and invite prospects to become members of the club
• Build relationships and meet the needs of prospective members through engagement such as club tours, identifying needs, pipeline management and relationship marketing strategies
• Effectively and professionally follow-up with all existing leads on an ongoing basis
• Accurately track daily, weekly and monthly membership activity
• Process all membership contracts and paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
• Possess exceptional communication skills when dealing with member requests such as guest passes, cancellations, membership freezes, etc.
• Maintain proper use of CRM database, contracts and forms. Effectively track the lead source and missed sales to understand objections and establish a course of contact.
• Network with membership, guests and the community to maximize referrals.
• Staff open houses, street festivals, expos, outdoor events and Chamber of Commerce meetings to gather leads and follow up with prospects.
• Help staff corporate health fairs and generate new WellFIT leads.
• Maintain knowledge of competition and industry trends.
• Attend all membership and team meetings and training sessions
• Additional duties as assigned by Membership Director
Qualified Sales Professionals:
• Have a passion for health and fitness
• Exhibit high-level verbal and written communication skills
• Are proficient in following a sales process and comfortable “Asking for the Sale”
• Must have at least 2 years of previous experience in sales or fitness industry preferred
• Are required to work during “Closeout” (last 3 days of every month)
• Feel comfortable interacting with prospective club members on the phone and in-person
• Possess strong working knowledge of Excel, Google Docs and email
• Can walk up and down stairs and lift a minimum of 10 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation