The Operations Manager is responsible for the operation of the Manager on Duty (MOD) staff, facility maintenance, housekeeping, cleaning and the general care of the facility. Manages housekeeping, MOD’s and Head of Maintenance to provide a clean, safe, and healthy environment and provide the outstanding service. Be a prime component in driving FFC’s initiative to go from “Good to Great”!
• Provide a clean, safe and healthy environment for members, guests and co-workers.
• Help retain and attain new members through club promotion and customer service excellence.
• Attend special events and new member functions.
• Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings including "all staff" meeting.
• Coordinate with housekeeping to establish procedures and schedules for maintaining plant and building.
• Establish right controls for issuance of keys. Keep record of keys issued. General locksmithing functions.
• Maintain and purchase inventory of supplies. Recommend to general manager, necessary capital equipment and major repairs. Be involved in competitive bidding process for such items.
• Responsible for staffing departments in Housekeeping and Manager on Duty. Prepare and assign working schedules. Keep time records and approve for payroll. Maintain personnel files and evaluate employees at least on an annual basis.
• Establish relationships with landlord and building representatives.
• Establish relationships with fitness vendors and set standards for fitness equipment maintenance.
• Responsible for formation of disaster (safety) committee and establishing plans for handling fire and other emergencies.
• Prepare annual budget in consultation with General Manager and Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Control expenditures in line with budget for housekeeping payroll; R&M associated and Supplies plus pool expenses and supplies.
• Attend all staff managers meetings on a weekly basis.
• Maintain library of codes, rules and regulations pertaining to construction and maintenance. Maintain file of operating manuals and parts catalogs for all equipment.
• Be aware of new methods and equipment through reading professional journals and attendance of workshops pertaining to the field.
• Be available on call to respond to emergencies.
• Co-administer telephone system.
• Coordinate contractors and supervise contractor projects.
• Manual dexterity and physical strength.
• Ability to take direction from ownership/management and assist in any special project.
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and members in order to promote high levels of customer service within the staff).
• Ability to organize, administer and delegate work and authority.