The personal trainer position will include developing, implementing, monitoring and maintaining individual exercise recommendations for club clients in a professional and quality manner to ensure exceptional member satisfaction and retention. This position will also include selling personal training sessions and/or programs. The Prime Directive is to get and keep members.
Personal Trainer Requirements:
• During your Introductory Period, you are required to record your time using the employee time clock.
• You are required to log all activities performed during each shift in your CSI schedule.
• Maintain and update weekly schedule of appointments.
• Participate in weekly Mastermind Prospecting Meetings until goals are met for three consecutive months.
• Proficient in sales method for which training will be provided.
• You are required to work during each month’s closeout; the last three days of each month based on individual and/or department budgeted goals.
• Provide a clean, safe, and healthy environment for members, guests, and co-workers.
• Help retain and attain new members through club promotion and customer service excellence.
• Conduct New Member Fitness Consultation using ActivTrax, ActivTrax Workout, and New Join Services for all new members within their first 60 days from join date. All members are to receive a personalized workout upon completion of the integration sessions.
• Assist members with specific concerns on the fitness floor including spotting them during exercise sessions.
• Promote all FFC programs through relationship building with members on the floor uncovering their interests and matching them to FFC offerings.
• Provide and monitor quality exercise recommendations for individual clients, ensuring the attainment of their specific goals.
• Wear designated Personal Trainer Uniform attire and name tag at all times while clocked in.
• All paid sessions used by a client must be redeemed prior to servicing the session through day view in CSI, capturing the member signature on the signature capture pad, and checking them in.
• Attend all required department, continuing education meetings, and member appreciation parties.
• Keep primary personal trainer certification and CPR/AED current.
• Keep the fitness floor clean by wiping down equipment and re-stacking dumbbells and weight plates.
• Volunteer for special events/programs that Fitness Formula Clubs provide, sponsor or participate in, such as: Fitness Formula Clubs Indoor Triathlon Series and Summer City Festivals.
• Maintain all client files to include: Par-Q, Medical Health History, Needs Analysis, all appropriate informed consent forms, fitness evaluation and a copy of the client exercise program.
• Bachelor of Science degree in exercise physiology or an allied health related field or one (1) nationally recognized third party accredited personal trainer certification and at least one year of experience.
• Trainers possessing only an undergraduate degree in an exercise science related field must obtain a nationally accredited personal trainer certification within 3 months.
• Current CPR and AED certification.
• Physical strength and manual dexterity.