The Fitness Director is responsible for selling Personal Training packages, providing Personal Training sessions to members and supervising all staff members of the fitness department.
• Maintain a safe, productive and inviting exercise environment for employees, members and guests
• Meet or exceed fitness department budgeted gross revenues and maintain positive net income on a quarterly and annual basis
• Interview, hire and train new employees within the fitness department and maintain yearly staffing profiles
• Develop schedules and goals for all staff members of the fitness department
• Handle any employee relations, disciplinary or employment actions as needed, under direction of General Manager
• Conduct performance evaluations for all department employees
• Process bimonthly payroll for the fitness department
• Submit annual fitness budget under direction of the General Manager
• Assist in the implementation and promotion efforts as they pertain to upcoming club events, new health and fitness programs, medical screenings, etc.
• Handle client questions and concerns at the fitness desk including but not limited to: taking payment for training sessions, scheduling appointments, etc.
• Lead fitness staff meetings, trainings and events
• Manage a 1,800 sq ft performance training center offering small group training classes weekly to hit monthly goals.
• Assist the Endurance Training Coordinator and Head Endurance Coach grow endurance programming.
• Other duties as assigned by General Manager and/or VP of Fitness
• Provide personal training sessions to members and teach group fitness classes as needed
• Undergraduate-level education (or equivalent) in Exercise Science, Kinesiology (or related major)
• Hold one or more Personal Training or Fitness certifications from a nationally-recognized program
• Five years experience in the health and fitness field
• At least three year of previous management/supervisory experience in a health club setting
• Must be outgoing and passionate about the health and fitness industry
• Possess excellent motivational and communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, demonstrate initiative and have a strong work ethic
• Must be able to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, etc. as needed to demonstrate fitness moves to clients
• Must be able to physically and verbally demonstrate proper use of machines and equipment
• Must be able to work during club “Closeout” period (or last 3 days of every month)
• Current CPR/AED Certification